Great Russian Masterpieces
Time & Location
About the Event
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto no 2 with soloist Francis Atkins from Queensland Conservatorium of Music
- Khachaturian's Adagio from Spartacus
- Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets from Romeo and Juliet Suite
- Tchaikovsky's Movements from Nut Cracker Suite
- Rimsky Korsakov's Capriccio Española
- Mendelssohn's 1st Movement of the Violin Concerto in E Minor
Francis Atkins: A young aspiring Australian pianist.
A fiery and passionate performer, Francis has performed at the Sydney Opera House, the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, and is a regular at the Bangalow Music Festival. He is currently a candidate for a Master of Music at Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, and is tutored by Natasha Vlassenko.
Francis performs alongside Australia’s premier musicians, as well as with community choirs and chamber ensembles. In recent years, Francis has appeared as soloist with the Ipswich City Symphony Orchestra and the Queensland Conservatorium Symphony Orchestra. He was a recent recipient of an Australian Decorative and Fine Arts Society scholarship, named as a 2020 ‘young musician of the year’.
Following Queensland Health directives, you will be required to use a contact tracing QR code and hand sanitiser as you enter, and practice social distancing when standing. Audience are recommended to wear a face mask upon entry and exit.
Tickets are non-refundable. If the concert is cancelled due to COVID, we will offer you a voucher for a following concert.
- General Admission$25$250$0